6x6 Seaplane; LE317
The first seaplane service to Avalon was in 1919. Planes originally landed at a terminal at Hamilton Cove, but eventually they landed just outside of Avalon Bay (on the "world's longest runway") and taxied up to a dock at the end of the Pleasure Pier. This 6"x 6" tile is an original design that is hand painted and kiln fired by an artist who has deep ties to the Island. She produces each piece with exceptional care.